Commercial Trailer Salesperson
Would you like to single-handedly generate company profits by selling quality, built-to-last propane and anhydrous products?
If so, this job is for you!
Countryside Tank Company is a leading manufacturer of propane and anhydrous ammonia transport trailers for the United States and Canadian market. We are searching for a Commercial Trailer Salesperson to join our energetic and ever-growing team at Countryside.
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF:
- You have a spirit for sales. You strongly dislike hearing the word “no” and do not back down from a challenge.
- You communicate clearly. You write well. You speak eloquently. You are confident explaining anything to anyone, whether in writing or over the phone.
- You are motivated and driven. You gladly contact new customers, strive to build new relationships, and work to maintain connections already developed.
- You are detail oriented. Not a single customer on your list goes uncalled.
- You are knowledgeable on all things propane and anhydrous. (Or you are willing to become knowledgeable).
AS A COMMERCIAL TRAILER SALESPERSON, A TYPICAL DAY MIGHT INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Make outgoing calls and emails to establish potential accounts
- Aggressively sell all Countryside products in a professional manner
- Generate profitable revenue growth through establishing new customers, penetrating new customer accounts, and retaining those customers
- Identify target prospects and create strategic action plans to convert prospects into customers
- Speak knowledgeably with customers about Countryside products
- Provide customers with invoices, quotes, specs, and pricing within a timely manner
- Provide prompt, courteous, and accurate service to customers
- Assist walk-in customers with inquiries regarding trailers
- Ask clarifying questions to help customers determine exact trailer specifications
- Perform a needs analysis with a customer and then sell them on a trailer that has the specs to fulfill their needs
- Travel 2-3 nights per week to meet customers at their office or for business functions
- Document travel costs, such as gas, hotel rooms, etc. in order to be reimbursed
OUR COMMERCIAL TRAILER SALESPERSON IS REQUIRED TO HAVE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Sales CRM experience preferred, but not required
- Valid driver's license with the ability to obtain a Class B - CDL within 90 days, clean motor vehicle record, and up-to-date automobile insurance coverage
- Ability to work independently and with a group
- Ability to seek help and guidance, as needed
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Direct knowledge or experience selling trailers is a plus
- Successful record of developing relationships and closing sales or the desire to do so
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong computer and software skills, including Microsoft Office
THESE BENEFITS ARE OFFERED TO MAKE WORK BETTER, LIFE EASIER, AND BOTH A LOT MORE BALANCED:
- Competitive base salary, plus commission
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Ability to enroll in health, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-matched 401k up to 3%, fully vested on day one
- Company paid life insurance
Post-offer drug test, background check, physical screening, and general abilities assessment is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.